Educating and training scientists on how the Center’s resources can aid their research
- In this seminar, Dr. Marco Viceconti will provide a brief theoretical reflection on the concept of credibility, explore how this is being adopted in the regulatory pathways for Digital Twins and In Silico Trials, and the barriers that are slowing down the widespread adoption of these methodologies.
- (November 17, 2023) Stephen Glick, Senior Biomedical Research Scientist at the FDA, discusses how virtual clinical trials and physical phantom studies can be helpful in the evaluation of new breast imaging technologies.
- (September 15, 2023) Dr. Ken Taguchi from Johns Hopkins University presents his view on the key technology for the next generation of PC-CT and the current status of research activities.
- (August 18,2023) Paul Keall, Tess Reynolds, and Owen Dillon from the Image X Institute describe the central role of virtual clinical trials to their bench to bedside research, giving several examples.
- (July 21, 2023) Drs. Paul Segars and Ehsan Abadi from the Center for Virtual Imaging Trials (CVIT) at Duke University demonstrate how to simulate virtual CT images for different research studies using tools developed by the CVIT.
Human Space Exploration and the increased Radiation Exposure – how we tackle the issue for the NASA Artemis I mission with the MARE Experiment(June 16, 2023) Thomas Berger from the German Aerospace Center (DLR) gives an overview of radiation levels encountered in space and the MARE experiment within the NASA Artemis I mission and highlights synergies between space radiation research and Earth based cancer therapy applications.