CVIT Observer Models
This module provides an API for common observer model calculations.
- Designed to process the output of image simulation data from the CVIT simulation pipeline.
- Provides detectability indices for a number of observer models under the signal-known-exactly (SKE) paradigm.
- Calculations can be done using a number of source data types:
- Fourier-domain image quality metrics (MTF and NPS)
- Image ensembles with various degrees of a priori knowledge of the noise and signal properties (e.g., estimated from samples or assumed/input)
- Calculations can use a number of observer models:
- Non-prewhitening matched filter
- Prewhitened matched filter
- Channelized Hotelling observer (coming soon)