Postdoc – virtual imaging trials for lung imaging
Duke University is seeking a candidate to fill the position of a postdoc to develop virtual imaging trials for lung imaging and image processing algorithms for optimized CT quantification. The individual will conduct research activities under the guidance of a faculty mentor in preparation for a full time academic or research career.
The initial appointment will be for one (1) year, with opportunities for extension based upon performance and funding.
The Postdoctoral appointee will fulfill the following primary duties:
- Developing methodologies to enable virtual imaging trials for lung imaging
- Developing image processing algorithms for optimized CT quantification
- Mentoring and managing graduate students in the related research area
- Writing journal publications and conference presentation
- Helping with writing future grants
- Drive efforts to publish our results; the Postdoctoral Appointee is expected to publish the results of his or her research or scholarship during the period of the appointment.